PCOS/PCOD: Ways to spot the symptoms
Polycystic ovary syndrome (PCOS) is an endocrine system disorder, where fluid-filled sacs appear on the ovaries. Also called Stein-Leventhal syndrome, this order is most seen in women in their reproductive age. Women with PCOS are likely to develop type 2 diabetes and usually have fertility issues. If you seek PCOS treatment in Chandigarh, doctors will usually ask for symptoms, some of which are listed below.
Symptoms and signs at a glance
Most women usually have irregular periods with PCOD. While the initial signs may be subtle, periods can be delayed by five days or more.
- A test can be done to check the androgen levels in the body, which is typically higher in women with Stein-Leventhal syndrome.
- Infertility or inability to get pregnant is also considered to be one of first sign/symptom of PCOD. The good thing is PCOS is treatable.
- More than half of women dealing with PCOS have obesity or weight issues. It is like a vicious cycle, where obesity can trigger PCOS and vice versa. It is still not clear what causes obesity.
- Since hormonal changes lead to PCOS, patients are likely to have unwanted hair in different parts of the body, especially on the face. You need to find doctor in Chandigarh, who can start treatment immediately to keep the hormones in check.
- A considerable percentage of women also have depression and anxiety, which are serious concerns or can be a by-product of obesity.
Polycystic ovary syndrome (PCOS) is usually treated with medicines and lifestyle changes. Treatment may include of use of birth control pills, which help in regulating hormones and menstruation. Losing weight may help in controlling the effects of PCOD and related fertility issues, and patients at IVF hospital in Chandigarh, are advised to have a healthy diet that contains of veggies and fruits and include exercise in their regimen.